Here’s a healthier take on a Thanksgiving meal. There’s turkey and sweet potatoes, and we even served it with a side of green beans. Ok, so maybe it isn’t as delicious as a fresh out of the oven turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, and whatever else you may find on your Thanksgiving table, but it is definitely more kind to your waist line, and will take far less time. It tastes great leftover too!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Parsley, for garnish
And here are the steps for making your very own Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Hash
- Heat olive oil on medium
- Add pepper and onion. Cook until until soft, about 10 minutes
- Add sweet potato, cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, garlic, salt and pepper, and chili powder. Cook on medium heat until the turkey is browned.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer until sweet potatoes are softened, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked through, add the cheese and cover until melted.
- Add parsley before serving.
There ya have it! Its a great way to get the flavors of thanksgiving all year long, without all the work or the calories. Let us know what you thought!